Monday, December 13, 2010

Preschool with Goose!

 

I haven’t updated Goose’s preschool page in a while.  We have transitioned from only Tot Trays to a preschool curriculum.  Many thanks to Clarissa’s blog and website 

image

Raising Rock Stars Preschool

Goose is still young but began showing lots of interest in writing and letters recently.  She started spending more of her time on my lap watching Crew and I school than playing with her Tot Trays.  So, I decided to dedicate a few of her weekly trays to preschool work.  I found two great websites/blogs with a great preschool curriculum.  One definitely more advanced so I just pick and choose some of her great activities.  Many thanks to both of these homeschooling Moms who are willing to share all their hard work!  Thank you ladies!!!

We are currently using Clarissa’s Raising Rock Stars Preschool curriculum and it is a great level for Goose.  Crew even participates with the weekly bible verse and bible activities.

I do also use some great ideas and activities from….

image

Confessions of a Homeschooler

Goose at work….

Letter I Trays

CIMG4900CIMG4902

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stickers, stamps and stencils!                                                 Fun fusion (small beads from Michaels)

CIMG4903CIMG4904

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           Letter work                                                                         Counting

CIMG4899

Our December Sensory Bin!

CIMG4911CIMG4912

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fine motor skills at their best!

CIMG4958CIMG4959

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Signing the letter I and Q-tip painting

CIMG4960

Counting and sorting

CIMG4986CIMG4908

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Using a toothpick to poke holes tracing the letter I and let me say a little something about this bin.  I have to be honest.  I kept coming across this idea of a sensory bin and I thought she will not enjoy this for longer than 2 or 3 minutes.  Well, I decided to try it out and to my surprise this is a tray she plays with daily.  Her brother even joins in!  This month we have fake snow (from Michaels), bendable Santa and Snowman, windup penguin and Santa, Christmas colored pom-poms….really just a bunch of snow/ Christmas themed things from the $ bins at Michaels and Target.  I added a measuring cup, ice-cream scoop and some red plastic cups.  She loves it!  She transfers and scoops the snow, sorts the items inside and engages in imaginary play.  Here the characters are going on a sleigh ride…..

CIMG4906

We are having so much fun!  Here is our board from the end of the week for our letter I and Bible time.

CIMG4989

Are you doing something you love with your preschooler?  Please do share!

1 comment:

laurakidman said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea for a gift!! Excellent idea. Our oldest always responds daily questions with "I don't know"; what did you learn, "Nothing". How are you, really? "Fine!". This would definitely get the kids to share more :-)