This craft was definitely more time consuming than yesterdays but was well worth the effort. Very few materials needed. The kiddos didn't make a peep half the time, because they were concentrating so hard!
- Cut orange construction paper into half-inch strips.
- Wrap strips around a pencil. Remove from the pencil and glue the end of the strip to close the circle. Repeat for as many circles as you need to create your pumpkin, we made 22
3. Lay the circles on your work surface and arrange them into the shape of a pumpkin.
4. Glue the circles together
5. Cut three green strips about three to four inches long. Curl the end of each strip around a small paint brush or simply roll it up to get a tighter curl. Glue the straight end into the top of your pumpkin to create the green leaves.
6. Cut a brown strip of paper about two inches long. Fold in half and insert into the top of the pumpkin to create a stem and secure with glue (see image).
7. Once everything has dried, you can tie a piece of string through the pumpkin stem and hang.