Soft Pretzel Recipe (or Garlic Knots)
- Whole Wheat Flour
- White Whole Wheat Flour (I use King Arthurs)
- Salt (Sea salt is best )
- Baking Soda
- Dried Basil
First….Combine and let sit for 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (I use King Arthurs)
- You can….mix thoroughly and knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes OR stick it in your bread machine on the dough cycle. Yes, I always opt for the easy way out!
- After rising, roll pieces into ropes and shape into pretzels or just tie in a knot.
- Dip pretzels or knots in a baking soda water solution of 2 cups warm water and 2 tablespoons baking soda.
- Place on cookie sheet and let rise again for 1 hour.
- I then melted some butter, minced some garlic and added some dry basil in a small bowl and brushed it on .
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or less (until pretzels begin to turn brown and are cooked through).
Serve with hummus, mustard or just have them plain. Crew & Goose are begging for more!