Sunday, October 23, 2011

Can You Draw A Ladybug?

What happens when there is no TV?  Kids are creative all on their own!  I snapped a few pictures of the kiddos yesterday afternoon while I was preparing dinner.  Our schooling area is always very accessible to them since it is in our family room Winking smile  Together they decided they wanted to draw.  Super fun watching them work together deciding which insect they would draw, why and what the habitat will look like around it.

I picked up a few drawing books at a consignment sale this summer and the kiddos love them!  They feel so successful at drawing using these books.  They do not need to be readers yet to use these books especially Goose’s favorites.  They follow step by step directions through pictures.

This is one of their favorite things to do when they aren’t outside exploring or playing with friends.

CIMG0520

CIMG0524

CIMG0522

CIMG0525

For little peeps ……I Can Draw Usborne Playtime Series by Ray Gibson 

Goose’s favorites!

For bigger kiddos….. I Can Draw series by Walter Foster

I just know these are going to be a hit as the weather changes and we spend more hours indoors.

No comments: