This is one of our favorite snack recipes! (Thanks Kath! original recipe here Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars ) They are a great nutritious bar that we use for snacks at home and on the go. You can add so many different ingredients to your liking. So have fun!
Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts [or any nuts you like]
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (any you like – raisins, cranberries, dates, figs)
- 1/4 cup seeds (any you like – sunflower, pumpkin, flax, sesame)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of raw unfiltered honey (local if possible)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
The variations are endless: cranberries, coconut, all kinds of dried fruit, nuts, etc.
After we indulge on them out of the oven and they cool, I wrap them up to go.