Thursday, December 15, 2011

Green Smoothies & Snowshoe Training!

Mike and I are on Day 2 of our “Green Smoothie Cleanse”.  Why?  Well, we are continuing to strive for healthy changes in our lives and diets……so, out with the toxins!! 

A blogger (with a pretty cool story) I follow was calling all to join together in a 3 day cleanse.  She provided an e-book with recipes and information on how, when, why etc.  Thanks Elena!  Call to Arms 3 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse

We are basically spending 3 days blending greens and fruits to detox.  In with the good and out with the bad!  Now I am not a diet, cleanse, fasting kind of person.  I am an eater!!  You know, my blood sugar drops, I get irritable, etc., etc.  I can say that I am feeling pretty good on Day 2.  So if I can do it, so can you Winking smile  I will report full results after tomorrow. 

Today’s favorite recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth…

Blueberries, banana, chard, spinach, water, organic aloe Vera juice, and flax

Training???  It’s off season for triathlons isn’t it?  Well, as most of you know I wasn’t able to race this past season due to a mountain biking accident resulting in a separated shoulder and knee surgery so I need to get back into shape!  So, why not take up a new sport for the winter….snowshoeing.  Apparently there are a bunch of crazies out there who enjoy running/racing in snowshoes.  Yes, running!  The first time I tried to run in snowshoes I needed oxygen after the first 100 yards.  So naturally, I want to race.  A new trend with me….if it is hard or pushes me to my limits, I want to try it.  It's kind of fun. You know, makes life interesting.  My birthday present has arrived……

Red Feather Vapor Cross Country Snowshoes

My first race will be January 8th. Goal: to finish while enjoying the outdoors!   Now, many of you might be thinking that we don’t have enough snow down here to train.  Well, you are partially right.  After much research, I have learned that many snowshoe racers that don’t live up in the mountains simply follow a running training plan and strap on their snowshoes whenever a storm comes through.  So that is exactly what I am doing.  Sound interesting?  Here are a few links with racing calendars and info…. Snowshoe Magazine Calendar, US Snowshoe Racing Association, CO Racing Underground Snowshoe Calendar.

Try something new!  Don’t you love that feeling after you have accomplished something new or pushed your limits?

No comments: