Monday, January 2, 2012

Snowshoe Training Without Snow?!

Yes, I will be competing in my first snowshoe race this coming weekend and some have asked how I am preparing.  Well…I am running!  Not usually on snow either.  I have been out a couple times after the few storms we have gotten so far but for the most part I am running on the roads, trails or treadmill.  I am one of those slow and steady runners…you know the tortoise and the hare Winking smile  I really need to get faster!!  Those of you that are not YET runners….keep reading!

For those that have a running base, I came across a training plan in my Sept./Oct. 2011 issue of Women’s Running titled “Perfect 5K PR”.  You can access the 1st plan online but the other two are print only. 

Perfect 5K PR

clip_image002[9]

clip_image002[7]

clip_image002

Not up for these plans yet but need a plan and would like to start walking or running?  Check out Couch to 5K or Beginner Triathlete's Couch to 5K.  A great book to encourage you this new year… Courage to Start by John “The Penguin” Bingham.

Leave a comment or e-mail me if you need the plan e-mailed to you for larger/clearer print.  Also, leave a comment so we can encourage one another in the new year!

No comments: